Printable Version Available Here
* Please note that each family must sign up for a total of (2) credits for a single swimmer, (3) credits for two swimmers and (4) credits for 3 or more swimmers. One (1) credit is equal to a partial position. Dive teams requirements are (2) credits per diver. If your children participate in both swim and dive teams you must sign up for positions on both teams. You must sign up for all required Volunteer positions before your children are able to practice.
The Swim Coordinators reserve the right to make any changes to positions to guarantee that each participating family is fulfilling their volunteer responsibility.
***At HOME meets all volunteers must check in with the Volunteer Coordinator at the starter team tent at least 15 minutes before the start of the meet to check in, get your name tag and any supplies the position requires. At AWAY meets, volunteers must report to Volunteer Coordinator in the team parent area (a sign will be posted at all meets) at least 15 minutes before the start of the meet to check in, get your name tag and any supplies the position requires. There will be a volunteer meeting just before the start of each meet for orientation.
***If you are unable to fulfill your position for a meet, it is the volunteer’s responsibility to find a replacement or switch meets with another parent. The volunteer must notify the Coordinator of any changes before 1pm the day of the meet. Please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you need any contact numbers.
***Failure to complete your volunteer responsibility will result in your child/children not participating in the next meet.
***The Volunteer Coordinator for the 2018 Season is Stephanie Mason. She can be reached at (email@example.com or 704-507-1987). We also have leadership needs for various events and duties throughout the season. Please contact Stephanie, if you are interested in a leadership position.
1. Clerk of Course – (1 per home meet) – Line the swimmers up on benches according to the heat sheet prior to their races in a designated area of the pool. Make sure swimmers are at the starting blocks at the appropriate time for their race.
2. Asst. Clerk of Course – (1 per meet) – Works with Clerk of Course to line the swimmers up on benches according to the heat sheet prior to their races in a designated area of the pool. Make sure swimmers are at the starting blocks at the appropriate time for their race.
3. Starter – (1 per home meet) – Starts the races and is responsible for keeping the meet running efficiently.
4. Stroke & Turn Judge – (2 per team per meet) – Best view of the pool in the place. Works with other teams’ stroke/turn judges at each meet to insure that stroke & turn protocols are being followed by swimmers. Must take the Stroke & Turn clinic on Sat. June 4th.
5. Head Timer – (1 per home meet only) – Ensures timers are ready and runs back up stopwatch.
6. Timers – (9 per team per meet…may be eighteen (18) 1/2 positions) – Use a stop watch in their assigned lane to determine the finish times in the races. Timers work in teams of 3 with at least 1 timer from each team in each lane. One timer writes down all 3 stop watch times on the event sheet and circles the middle time for each swimmer in the lane. NOTE: The 1st half of any meet may not be complete until after 8:30 pm and shrimpers are usually done by 6:30.
7. Runners – (1 per meet…may be split into two (2) 1/2 positions) – Takes race event sheets from timers to scorer table. Also obtains any disqualification forms (DQ) from Stroke & Turn Judges and gives to scorer.
8. Shrimper Ribbon Distributor – (1 per meet home meet only) – Distributes ribbon to each and every Shrimper. Duration 5:45 – after Shrimper Events
9. Heat Winner Ribbon Distributor – (1 per meet home meet only…may be two (2) 1/2 positions) – Distributes heat winner ribbon to winner of each heat for all 10 & under events except Relays.
10. Relay Coordinator – (1 per meet) – Helps coaches gather swimmers for both relays and direct them to the correct side of the pool.
11. Technology Coordinator – (1 per season…counts as all volunteer positions for family) Trains to use HyTek software. Maintains Team Manager, Set-up Meet Manager for all Home Meets and coordinates entries for Away Meets. Set up system and trains Computer Tech for home meets. **This position has already been filled by Volunteer Coordinator.***
12. Computer Tech (Assistant Computer Tech at away meets) – (1 per meet) – Enters swimmers’ times into meet software program.
13. Ribbon Writer/Sorter – (1 per meet) – Transfer computer generated ribbon labels onto to the actual ribbons for swimmers to receive and files them in the ribbon file. Reports after Freestyle events are complete and must stay all ribbons are printed.
14. Set-up/Floater Volunteers – (3 per home meet…serves first 1/2 of meet and counts as one position) – Arrive at the home meet by 4:00 pm to set-up WR for the meet. Be available during the meet until the IM to help in various duties the Volunteer Coordinator might need help with at meet.
15. Clean-up/Floater Volunteers – (3 per home meet…serves second 1/2 of meet and counts as 1 position) – Check in with Volunteer Corrdinator at the beginning of the IM. Be available during the second half of meet to help in various duties the Volunteer Coordinator might need help with at meet. Clean-up WR and put away equipment at the conclusion of the meet. The Volunteer should expect this to be at the pool after 10:00 pm.
16. Hospitality – (four (4) 1/2 positions) Works with Hospitality Committee Head at each meet to set up tables near snack bar area for selling snack foods and drinks during the meets. Must arrive 30 minutes prior to warm-ups to set up and stay until the meet ends to help break down the hospitality area and clean up. May be required to pick up Chick Fil A sandwiches and bring them to the meet to be sold. May also have to handle ordering pizza to be sold at the meet.
17. Water Delivery – (two (2) 1/2 positions) Responsible for serving waters to all volunteers and coaches throughout the meet.
18. Team Banquet Coordinator – Plan and coordinate End of Season team banquet.
19. Team Banquet Volunteers (Two positions) – Assist Team Banquet Coordinator to run the End of Season Banquet.
20. Coordinator of Team/Gear Awards Volunteer – Manager and coordinate team gear store and ordering of award for the season banquet
21. Sponsorship – Solicit team sponsorships from nearby businesses
22. Coordinator for Kickoff Party/Silent Auction Plan the kickoff party and coordinate the silent auction held during the kickoff party
23. Silent Auction Volunteer – (One position, counts as (2) credits or 1 full volunteer position) Works with Kickoff Party/Auction Coordinator on Silent Auction.
24. Coordinator for Hospitality/Breakfast of Champions – Coordinate food to be sold at each home swim meet. Plan and coordinate the Breakfast of Champions for All Star swimmers during an All Star practice.
25. Meet Announcer – (Counts as one position or 2 credits) Makes all required announcements during the meet over pool PA system. Calls swimmers to Clerk of Course and other general pool announcements.